With hurricane season in full effect, it's time to prepare your home & business. Follow your safety checklist & the National Weather Service advisories. Below are a few tips to secure your Bevolo lanterns.
If possible, taking the light down is the most prudent thing to do.
- Cut off gas/electric supply to the fixtures
- If the lights are gas, they often can be removed without taking the bracket down
- If the lights are electric, they typically have to be removed with the bracket
If taking them down is not an option, or you are in a semi-protected area & don't think it's necessary
- Cut off gas/electric supply
- Remove the glass (and chimney) to reduce wind drag on the light
For hanging lights tying down the light via tension wire/rope in three directions will add support to the fixture to help endure sustained winds.
AFTER THE STORM | If your lights are damaged, contact us for a complete evaluation. Send photos of your fixtures to email@example.com & one of our lighting designers will reach out to assist you. Bevolo offers refurbishment options & may be able to repair your existing fixture or provide a quote for insurance replacement.
Other technical questions? Give us a call, chat online, or stop by one of our French Quarter locations!