- Customization – We care about putting the correct size and style on your home
- Quality –Bevolo Lanterns are lifetime fixtures and will be the last you will ever have to buy
- Beauty – Bevolo Lanterns only increase in beauty as the copper ages
- Continuity – We never discontinue a style of light
- Riveted – Aviation technology is the root of our hand riveted lights’ strength
- Sustainable – The purest copper has a projected life of 300 years
- Efficiency – Our lights feature the most energy efficient burner in the world
- Longevity - Lifetime burners and secondary baffling systems ensure operability in any climate/environment
- Locally Made – We are proud to be not only American made, but Louisiana made in Orleans, Jefferson and St. Tammany Parishes!
To request a catalogue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-522-9485
Yes, we offer a free design service. Send us your plans, elevations or photo of the area you are looking to address and we will put together a free lighting analysis telling you the proper size and style light that best complements the area. You will also receive photos, schematics, installation instructions and even utility locations if needed.
Located in the heart of the French Quarter at 521 Conti Street or 318 Royal Street, our sales staff is ready to help. At the Conti location, you are able to see our production facility where the lanterns are made. The Royal Street facility showcases the Bevolo Collection, which includes our lanterns, interior collection and patio/courtyard items. We also have a third location at 68467 Hwy. 59, Mandeville, La. 70471.
Yes, we ship all over the world. A shipping quote will be provided when ordering.
All of our fixtures are hand-crafted of the highest quality of copper and brass parts. There is no finish on our fixtures. When you place a finish on a fixture and expose it to the elements of the environment, that finish is going to peel off. All fixtures start out as raw copper. Once the lantern is hand riveted together, we oxidize it, which ages it about 10-15 years to an antique copper. It is a bronze color. We do offer a dark oxidation, which will additionally age the copper to an almost black. We recommend the standard oxidation because it allows the fixture to age gracefully and naturally with your home. Contact our sales team at 504.522.9485 or email@example.com for a photo of the differences in the two oxidations.
Please call 504.522.9485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the current lead time. We do offer rush orders for a 25% rush fee (pre shipping/tax), which will place your order ahead of others to have them ready for you in one to two weeks.
Bevolo fixtures are designed to hold up to normal wind conditions, but in areas with excessive winds, such as the Bahamas, Texas, Oklahoma and coastal areas etc, further measures can be taken. Bevolo offers a wind baffle which is a discrete secondary wind blocker that easily attaches to the gas jet assembly. This can be added when placing your order; it is also something that can be installed relatively easily in the field. The piece itself is made out of borosilicate glass that holds up very well to heat. For images or installation instruction please call 504.522.9485 or email email@example.com.
Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights takes tremendous pride in crafting copper fixtures that last a lifetime. Great care is taken to ensure the gas flame does not blow out. Occasionally, under rare or extreme circumstances the problem may be caused by several things:
- Ensure the glass panes are snug and tight against the light frame, by pressing the small copper tabs firmly (like the back of a picture frame). The glass can shift during installation and/or shipping, and this can cause air drafts within the light. Please check for discreet cracks in the glass (these can be hard to notice) while you are tightening the glass. **NOTE: Majority of the time glass is the cause.
- For smaller lanterns, the flame height should be approximately 1.5 inch to 2 inches tall. 2 to 2.5 inches for larger lights. Flames that are too big or small can lead to blow out issues.
- Try placing pennies over every other ventilation hole in the bottom of the lantern to reduce air flow within the lantern.
- If the problems persist, please snap a picture of the installation and forward to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further evaluation.
Bevolo also offers a wind baffle that can be installed easily on the burner tip to protect the flame from blowing out in high or unique wind situations. The cost of a wind baffle is $75.
An electronic igniter is a device installed on a gas jet assembly that allows the user to turn the gas light on and off with a switch inside the home. However, we strongly discourage customers from using them for the following reasons:
- When electronic component parts are used in an exterior application, there is a tendency for them to corrode and eventually fail. Putting those same components near a flame accelerates the deterioration of metal (heat is an accelerant.) This effect is further magnified by salt air and humidity.
- The average life expectancy of electronic igniters is approximately three years and the manufacturer (not Bevolo) only warranties the product for one year.
- Bevolo lights are equipped with the most efficient burner tips in the world. Electronic igniters do not use the tip effectively, and require different tips that burn approximately twice as much gas per hour. Keeping your gas lights on a dusk to dawn timer with an electronic igniter would burn the same amount of gas as our traditional burners do when left on continuously.
- Gas lights are made to be elegant and simple. Adding multiple wires and hardware into a fixture takes away from the simplicity of our gas burner assembly and the flame itself. Electronic igniters are NOT aesthetically pleasing.
In summary, Bevolo makes lifetime products, and we want you to enjoy your lights without the complications inevitably added by electronic igniters.
Bevolo has over 500 lighting and bracket combinations and many of these are custom fixtures. For any custom request, we require elevations or photos as well as a drawing of the custom fixture including dimensions. This can be submitted to Bevolo through a sales representative. You can call 504.522.9485 for a sales representative.
The California Energy Code, or Title 24, Part 6 of the California Code of Regulations, also titled The Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings, was established in 1978 to reduce California's energy consumption. It is an energy initiative that the state passed which has banned incandescent bulbs. In order to keep people from using incandescent bulbs, the code requires a special socket that does not accept standard bulbs. Bevolo offers Energy Star compliant base and light bulbs. Please contact 504.522.9485 or email@example.com for further information.
Yes, Bevolo fixtures are approved for Canada. As of 2010, Canada requires that all exterior fixtures meet their CSA code and requirements. French ETL and warning stickers along with instructions accompany the fixture as well as the Canadian ETL sticker.
Yes, Bevolo lights are specifically approved for Massachusetts.